Search This Blog

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tennesse Titans Select Jesse Mahelona 5th Round

Conference call: DT Jesse Mahelona


DT JESSE MAHELONA

(on if this is where he thought he would be picked)

Not exactly, but things happen for a reason and I’m happy to be back in the state of Tennessee.

(on if that is a good thing)

Oh yeah, that is always a good thing.

(on what the Titans told him about the their plans for him)

They didn’t say much, just congratulations. I talked to Coach Washburn. He was telling me they are ready for camp this Thursday. I’m excited and my family is excited. I’m here in Hawaii. I’m just proud that I got drafted and hopefully I can show my talent.

(on if he is disappointed that he didn’t get drafted earlier)

You try to hope for the best and I was shooting for an earlier round on the first day. Sometimes things just don’t work out the way you want them to. It’s not always that it works against you. In this case I think that I fit in well with the Titans. I’m excited.

(on if he has connections to the Titans with Albert Haynesworth and Travis LaBoy)

I watched the 49ers game. I was with Albert and watched Travis. I’m excited to play next to real good players.

(on what he knows about defensive line coach Jim Washburn)

Coach Washburn is a great guy. He’s a hard coach. That’s what makes him one of the top coaches in the NFL.

(on his current weight)

310.

(on his ideal weight for the NFL)

I would probably play at 300.

(on his weight at the University of Tennessee last year)

290-300.

(on if he’s stronger at stopping the run or pass)

I can play both. I think my pass rush is probably the better of the two. I’m fast.

(on if he feels emotional right now)

My family is going crazy. There are about 100 family members here.

(on what time it is in Hawaii)

It is 8:15 a.m..

(on it not feeling like he got drafted that late)

I guess so. That’s a good one


http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=3748

West Hawaii Today Article
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2006/04/29/sports/local_sports/sports01.txt

Honolulu Star Bulletin Article:
http://starbulletin.com/2006/04/29/sports/story02.html


No comments: