Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2006

Beavers could be close on Bay Area O-Lineman

With four offers in the books, a fifth could be close for one of the top offensive guard prospects from the Bay Area. This talented lineman is close to a fifth offer, and his second from a Pac-10 school.
Will Oregon State be next in the mix for Koloto's services?
Palo Alto (Calif.) Palo Alto High School offensive lineman Fred Koloto has offers from Washington, Nebraska, San Jose State and BYU and may be close to another. Koloto says he thinks Oregon State could be next.

"I got a letter from Oregon State yesterday saying they were looking at me very seriously," Koloto said. "They say they are very serious about me and they want me to come to their school. They want me to be one of their players for this recruiting class."

Koloto is 6-foot-4, 270 pounds and runs the 40-yard dash around 5.1 seconds. He says he likes Oregon State, but that academics are the most important thing right now.

"It is a good school," Koloto said. "As long as I get a good education it is good for me."

Koloto plays both offense and defense at Palo Alto but is being recruited for multiple positions along the offensive line.

"Washington is looking at me as an offensive lineman," Koloto said last month. "Nebraska is looking at me as a center or tackle."

Koloto had also received some interest from Fresno State last month but nothing ever materialized. He says he has no favorites at this point but says he thinks an Oregon State offer could be close.

"Not yet, but I think they are getting close to it," Koloto said when asked about an offer.

We will continue to track the recruitment of Koloto in the coming months and throughout the 2006 season.

No comments: