Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Skyline (Utah) RB Kalama Molisi scores 4 TDs

Skyline RB scores 4 TDs

By Gary Cloward
Special to The Tribune
Salt Lake
Tribune

After fumbling a punt return early in the game, Kalama Molisi rushed for a 60-yard touchdown to put his team on the scoreboard, and later scored three more TDs to propel the Eagles to a 42-19 victory over Bear River.
"I was nervous," Molisi said of his fumble. "I wanted to make something happen."
Molisi didn't have to wait long for his third chance to make something else happen. His second carry of the night went for a 26-yard touchdown giving Skyline a quick 14-0 lead.
Molisi only carried two more times on the night, finishing with 92 yards. But he also returned two kickoffs in the second half for TDs.
"I owe a lot to my line and my blockers," Molisi said. "They opened the holes for me and I ran."
"Kalama had a good night," Skyline coach Roger DuPaix said. "But we need to get better as a team. Bear River is a very, very good team. They outplayed us in a lot of different aspects."
Bear River coach Chris Wise said it took a while for his team to get up to speed but it was not intimidated by its Class 5-A opponent.
"It takes a lot to scare a Bear River kid," he said. "I was pleased with the way we played. We have some areas we need to fix but they are fixable."


No comments: