Search This Blog

Friday, October 13, 2006

Samson Satele Invited to East-West Shrine Game

Center Satele gets East-West invitation

Hawaii center Samson Satele has been invited to play in the East-West Shrine Game, Jan. 20, 2007.

Satele said he will hold off on accepting the offer because he will only play in one postseason all-star game.

"If I get in the Senior Bowl, of course I'm not going to go in the other ones," Satele said. "It's an honor to be invited to any all-star game, but it's something I would have to do. And I don't want to risk getting hurt playing in too many all-star games.

"A lot of scouts are at the Senior Bowl. It's like being at the combine," he added.

The Senior Bowl is Jan. 27, 2007, at Mobile, Ala. The week leading up to the game is like a job fair because NFL coaches and general managers from every team attend practices to evaluate talent.

"If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't," Satele said. "But I do hope I get a letter from the Senior Bowl."

The last two UH players in the Senior Bowl were Travis LaBoy and Isaac Sopoaga in 2004.

No comments: