Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Damien HS OT Sione Tau Commits to Arizona

Tau now off the market
Jeremy Crabtree

Is he or isn't he?

Sione Tau is officially committed to Arizona.
Committed or not?

After originally telling people at his school that he hadn't made a decision, three-star offensive lineman Sione Tau of Honolulu Damien is officially off the market.

"I did actually commit this weekend to Arizona," Tau, who his 6-foot-6 and 284 pounds, said. "It's just the whole athletic and academic department is the best. Their presentation was amazing. They seemed top notch in everything. It was exactly what I wanted in a school."

Tau, who is 6-foot-6 and 284 pounds, is ranked as the No. 3 player in Hawaii and the No. 31 offensive tackle in America by Rivals.com. He visited Arizona this past weekend and visited Arizona State back on Nov. 17 and Colorado back in mid-September.

After checking out all three schools he decided to end the process by giving Arizona coach Mike Stoops the good news before he left Tucson on Sunday.

"I just went up to my position coach and then coach Stoops and told him I wanted to be a Wildcat," Tau said. "They were all pretty excited. Coach Stoops said he was waiting for some good news after the loss this past weekend. Coach said I made his weekend.

"I'm done now. I'm not going to take any other visits. I'm a Wildcat."

Tau had originally told his athletic director, Pohai Lee, earlier today that he had not come to a decision yet. But in the end, he couldn't keep the good news to himself.

"This is a big deal for me, and I'm really excited," Tau said.

No comments: