Search This Blog

Friday, December 15, 2006

Laney LB: Logan U'u verbals to Minnesota

Logan U'u of Laney College and Skyline High School (Oakland, CA) will be fellow Samoan Nedward Tavale at Minnesota next year.

Junior College linebacker commits to U
Zach Johnson

Minnesota went back to the junior college ranks for the sixth time this year to bring in another linebacker. Craig Bray has several connections in the California junior college scene and he is solidifying that reputation in his first season at Minnesota with the recent addition of Laney College's Logan Uu.

The original plan was to decide after a weekend visit to Washington State.

"I committed to Minnesota this morning and I am very excited about it. I was going to visit Washington State over the weekend but decided to cancel it because it just wasn't needed."

"I pretty much knew all along that I was going to end up at Minnesota and it was very clear on Wednesday night. Coach Bray and Coach Criner stopped by my house so they could meet with me and my family."

"It was so easy because of my relationship with both of the coaches at Minnesota. I really was able to get really close with them over the past two weeks. I really feel confident in how they feel about me and what they think I can do for Minnesota."

It was a dream come true fro Uu.

"It has always been my dream to earn a scholarship to a major college football program and it feels great to finaly get there. I will be in Minnesota in about three or four weeks and I cannot wait to get there."

"I am going to try my hardest to fill the goal the Gopher coaches have for me. They told me that they want me to bring my leadership skills as well as my energy and intensity."

Minnesota has another thought in mind fro Uu.

"I guess I will be one of the few Samoan players in the Big Ten and if they had it their way they would have a lot more of them. They told me that they wanted my help in finding more of us and I have a lot of good ones in my backyard."

The commitment from Uu is the second Laney College graduate to verbal to Minnesota this week. On Monday wide receiver Marc Cheatham committed to the Golden Gophers.

No comments: