Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Phoenix CC: Tevita Finau

Rivals.com has not released the junior college rankings yet, but one defensive lineman that could be rated right near the top is Tevita Finau from Phoenix College in Arizona. The 6-foot-5, 275-pound Finau has already accumulated over 15 scholarship offers to date, but he only has two slots open for official visits.
Finau has had three official visits set for a few weeks now. His first visit will be to the University of Florida on the Sept. 28 weekend and another visit has been scheduled to West Virginia for their game against Louisville. His third visit will be to Auburn for their battle against Alabama (Nov. 24).

His total number of written offers has now reached just over the 15 mark.

"Oregon State and Oregon and Tennessee recently offered," Finau said. "It is over 15 the last time I talked to (the Phoenix head coach)."

He still plans on scheduling his last two allotted visits and he has a few in mind who might get those two remaining official visit dates.

"Tennessee is one I was kind of thinking about (for a visit), but I haven't decided on anybody. But, Nebraska is going to be in there, though. I just have not been in contact with coach (Bill) Busch. I have just been busy, but he emailed me with stuff. He sent me stuff when they are open for and the games and we will just work around that.

"I'm pretty close to the coaching staff at Oregon State because they were the only ones to offer me out of high school. I signed with them out of high school, and the grades didn't cut it, so I ended up out here. And I have a cousin that just signed with Oregon, Will Tukuafu."

In 2006, Phoenix College won four games out of their 10-game regular season schedule, but most of their losses were close games. They started out the 2007 campaign with a 29-3 loss to Scottsdale Community College. The individual stats from the game are not available yet.

Finau greyshirted in 2006 and he will have four years to play three after this year, but he won't be available until May of 2008.

No comments: