Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

El Camino CC (CA) Simi Kuli Verbals to Nebraska

Everyone is expecting that the Nebraska football program will be receiving more than the one de-commitment, but no one expected them to receive a commitment from any prospect. This is a firm 100 percent commitment and the caliber of the player makes it even more of a shocker - a top ranked prospect in the country.

Simi Kuli has made it official. Yes, the No. 1 junior college player has made it firm that he will be lining up for the Huskers next year at this time.

"I always have seen Nebraska growing up as a kid - It is a good place, good program, powerhouse team," Kuli said, referring to why he chose the Huskers. "They really take care of their athletes and going on the trip I realized a lot of stuff and I feel that Nebraska is the place for me."

Kuli called Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan to give him the formal commitment and he will be talking to Nebraska's new athletic director, Tom Osborne later this evening.

"He told me that they need me in the program and that Nebraska is a good place. Not only did he tell me, but I experienced it myself on my trip. Nebraska is a really nice place. I will be calling coach Osborne later tonight with the good news."

Simi Kuli told HuskerIllustrated.com that two Nebraska coaches were primarily the ones to keep in close contact with him during the recruiting process with Nebraska.

"(Nebraska coach) Jon Osterhout, oh man, he is a real good guy," Kuli said. "When I met him in real life, he is a very down-to-earth person."

"(Nebraska coach) Buddy Wyatt is a very good guy and I feel like I really have got coach Wyatt's trust. "

Kuli is ranked as the No. 1 junior college player in the nation by Rivals.com and his film clips attracted the attention of some the top Division-I programs across the country. Kuli made a point of telling us that he felt honored to have been recruited by the very best.

No comments: