Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007

Carson Stays On Course

Jack Sula scored on 2 short yarding running touchdowns and had a 42 yard TD reception in the 28-8 win over Westchester.

In fact, the referee came to Christensen late in the fourth quarter and warned that defensive standout David Sausau was "this close" to being ejected, holding his thumb inches away from his index finger.

Christensen immediately took Sausau out of the game to protect his star for next week, and a frustrated Carson coaching staff backed its entire team up to the benches after a sideline penalty with 3:52 left in the game.

"When Coach took me out, I was mad, but I knew it was the right thing to do," said Sausau, who blocked a punt and returned it 23 yards for a score and also had a sack to lead the defense.

"It's hard playing a team like that. When you keep hitting them and hitting them, they get frustrated and they want to fight. We tried not to get caught up in that. I tried to stay away from it. I did not want to embarrass my coaches or my family."

Continue at Daily Breeze

No comments: