Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Riverview standout down to two schools

Riverview linebacker Tamaha Halaufia knows the state he's likely heading to for college and knows when he will begin playing. What he doesn't know is which school he will attend.

But he's close.

"It's probably going to be Utah State or BYU," Halaufia said.

Though neither has offered him a scholarship, Halaufia said both schools have shown great interest, especially Utah State, where his father played.

"I feel pretty good (about Utah State)," Halaufia said. "It's almost definite."

Wherever he lands, Halaufia (6 feet, 245) won't play right away. A devout Mormon, he plans to begin a two-year church mission in 2008.

"I'm just taking it easy right now and preparing to go on my mission," Halaufia said. "I have faith in my ability that I can play anywhere."

No comments: