Service High (Anchorage) senior running back and defensive back Leo Aukusitino dominated the first half on offense, defense and special teams to trigger the Cougars' 49-6 Cook Inlet Conference victory over East Anchorage in the season debut for both football teams.
Aukusitino's varied and vital first-half exploits included:
• A 24-yard touchdown run and two-point conversion run on Service's first possession.
• A thundering hit on the ensuing kickoff -- oh, yeah, Aukusitino is the kicker, too.
• A blocked punt.
• A tackle to snuff East's two-point conversion attempt.
• An interception.• A lightning strike from his safety position -- he started 15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and tackled an East ball carrier for a 5-yard loss.
• A game-high 74 yards rushing on 11 carries and one reception for 26 yards.
• And two well-struck extra points.Anchorage Daily News link