Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

UW gets Federal Way's Pulu

Andru Pulu, a senior linebacker from Federal Way High School, didn't hesitate when Washington offered him a football scholarship Saturday after the BYU game. He gave his oral commitment to Chris Tormey, the Huskies' recruiting coordinator and linebackers coach.

"I've been interested in U-dub so I could stay close to home," said Pulu (6-3, 250 pounds), a preseason all-state selection. "It felt right. I was really excited and happy, and so was my father."

Pulu said he also had offers from WSU, UNLV and Eastern Washington. He believes Washington has a bright future.

"I think the U-dub is going to be better," he said. "They do have a young team."

Pulu, who runs a 4.7 40-yard dash and also starts at offensive tackle for Federal Way, is a three-year starter.

No comments: