Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Adam Ah Ching (Greer, SC)

More and more young players are earning scholarship offers. Two weeks ago, news surfaced that Tennessee had received a commitment from Evan Berry, the younger brother of Tennessee safety Eric Berry, even though he is just 13 years old. That was followed this week by BYU offering a scholarship to Greer (S.C.) 2012 linebacker Adam Ah Ching.

Ah Ching, who is just 15, earned his offer after impressing at the All-Poly Camp in Bountiful, Utah. Word is that other schools like USF, UCLA and possibly South Carolina might not be too far off from offering either. Ah Ching was named his team's freshman impact player of year in 2008 and also qualified for state wrestling as a freshman after never participating in the sport before.

What impressed coaches the most at the All-Poly Camp was Ah Ching's athletic ability. He's 6-0 and 205 pounds, and he has been clocked at 4.65 seconds in the 40-yard dash, has a 300-pound bench-press max and a 500-pound squat max.

"It's a big honor to be recognized this early," Ah Ching said. "It's something I'm going to use as a motivator. I don't want to get a big head and let it be my focus. My focus is still on being the best player I can. I'm real aggressive, and I love to hit. I'm a true middle linebacker."

No comments: