Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

Jaguars’ Tuiloma: four touches, four TDs

By ADAM HILL
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Eric Tuiloma certainly made the most of limited opportunities for Desert Pines on Friday night.

The senior scored touchdowns each of the four times he touched the ball to help the Jaguars to a 50-6 victory at Cheyenne in the season-opening football game for each team.

Tuiloma had three catches for 145 yards and three scores, and he took an interception back 15 yards for another touchdown.

“I feel great,” he said. “I was trying to help my quarterback out (on offense), and obviously I feel good about the first interception of the season.”

After Desert Pines forced a three-and-out on Cheyenne’s first possession, a common occurrence in the game, Tuiloma broke free down the left sideline on the Jaguars’ first offensive snap and caught a 50-yard touchdown pass from Dalton Leilua.

“The safety came down, and the linebacker scooted in on the play-action,” Tuiloma said. “I knew the corner was wide open, so I was just like, 'Dalton, throw me the ball.’ ”

Leilua did just that, as he has many times over the years.

“We grew up together, and we’ve played on the same team since middle school,” Leilua said of his relationship with Tuiloma. “We pretty much know each other on the field. I know he’s going to burn the guys that are on him.”

The pair also connected on scores of 31 and 64 yards. Leilua added two touchdown runs and finished 6 of 8 for 186 yards through the air.

Complete Article

No comments: