Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Roman Pula gets it done for Pasadena

Pasadena LB Roman Pula (5-11, 235) is a player to keep an eye on this fall. After an outstanding freshman campaign last season that saw him earn All-Conference honors, he's ready to show everyone he's ready for the big time. JCFootball.com caught up with the talented linebacker prospect recently and he updated us on things...
Pula was an All-State running back at Lincoln High School in Tacoma, Wa., but grades befell his college football career when he was unable to stay qualified at Eastern Washington University.

"I just didn't get it done," Pula told JCFootball.com. "I came down here to sorta get away from things and just concentrate on school and football and I've been able to do that here.

"The coaches are great, we have a lot of great football players here and every week we go against more great players. It's perfect for me here and I'm really happy I came down to get focused."

Pula started every game last year for Pasadena at the weakside linebacker position and posted 66 tackles, 3.5 sacks, six QB hurries and two forced fumbles, one recoverd for TD.

Besides his impressive size, Pula also has outstanding athleticism, posting a 4.6 forty time and a 370 pound bench that allows him to take on blockers while holding strong at the point of attack.

"He's physical and strong, quick. Just an impact player," Pasadena head coach James Kuk told JCFootball.com back in July.

On the recruiting front, Pula doesn't have any offers yet, but Kansas State, TCU, Utah, Arizona and Arizona State have all made contact and let it be known they like what they've seen so far.

"I would love to get back to Washington, but I haven't heard from U-Dub or Washington State yet," Pula said. "Right now, no one has offered, but I've got some schools interested in me and I just want to let my football do the talking.

"I can play ball and people can see it on film. If they like what they see, the rest will take care of itself."

Pula is on pace to graduate in May and he'll have two years to play two wherever he ends up.

No comments: