Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

Sonny Puletasi All State Oklahoma

Sonny Puletasi learned a lesson during Lawton High's 8-2 regular season — hard work pays off. Puletasi had 12 sacks and 100 tackles for the Wolverines this year, a mark that earned him a spot on the Oklahoman's 2009 All-State team. "It was much better than the year before," Puletasi said. "We improved a lot and I think we shocked a lot of people. That was enough for me. It meant a lot to win those games and have success."

Puletasi earned more recognition for his efforts than just an All-State nod. Next fall he'll head to the University of Wyoming to play football, the culmination of a dream to play Division I football, even if it was at one of the most unlikely of locations. "It was my first offer and I got excited about it," Puletasi said. "I was looking through their website the first day they called me and it was nice. My dad talked to some of the staff and he liked them. It just fit together."

Puletasi hopes to take some of the positives from this year with him to Laramie when practices begin next August. "I got better as a leader," he said. "Last year I didn't even know about leadership. This year I went through a lot with my teammates. Summer workouts and pre-season workouts and I learned a lot."


First Team All State-The Oklahoman

SONNY PULETASI LAWTON Class: Senior Position: Defensive line College choice: Wyoming This season: Puletasi had to be accounted for on every snap. He had 100 tackles and 12 sacks, but that’s only half the story. He also blocked five punts and an extra point, and coach Randy Breeze said Puletasi is one of the best leaders he’s coached. What is your hidden talent?: Playing piano.


Video link

No comments: