Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hilltopper Spotlight: Orlando Misaalefua

Senior Orlando Misaalefua has made the switch from defensive back to linebacker in his final season as a Hilltopper. The Fort Campbell, Ky., product has played in 25 games during his three years in uniform, collecting 71 tackles and a pair of interceptions. He registered a career-best 41 stops in 2009, and set a career high with 13 tackles against Louisiana-Lafayette. Misaalefua earned first team all-state honors following his senior season at FCHS. Born in Landstuhl, Germany, both his parents have served in the military.
Q: What is your favorite activity outside your current sport?
A: I like to cook. I usually like cooking good southern foods, but I also like cooking Polynesian and Samoan foods.
Q: What is your favorite spring break destination?
A: Florida.
Q: What was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?
A: Tom and Jerry
Q: If you could have dinner with any person in history, who would it be
and why?
A: My grandfather was always a great influence for me. He always told me to work hard and eat all of my food. He was just a great guy.
Q: What are your plans after your playing days are over here at WKU?
A: I want to do something with sports management. But, if I don't do that, I'll be joining wither the Air Force or the Army.
Q: What is your proudest moment in sports?
A: Winning a lot of high school games with Fort Campbell High.
Q: Who is your all-time favorite sports personality?
A: Troy Polamalu
Q: Other than WKU, who is your favorite team?
A: Pittsburgh Steelers.
Q: Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
A: My parents were both influential on me because they are always teaching me to do the right thing and do my homework. My dad always taught me how to play football and do the right thing on and off the field.

No comments: