Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Washington coach Sarkisian awards five scholarships to walk-ons

Jonathan Amosa may have been the most caught off-guard. He said he had no offers to play college football, even from small colleges coming out of Rainier Beach High, where he was a three-year starting linebacker.
But after his acceptance to UW, he was invited to turn out for the team in the fall of 2008.
He hasn't played in a game, working mostly with the scout teams the last two years, but could play on some special teams this season.
"I've been playing football since I was 7 years old," Amosa said. "So going to school without playing football (would have) really been kind of awkward. So I just figured I would go out and see what happens. Getting a scholarship was part of my mind, but I never really thought it would happen. But I prayed and prayed every night, and I finally got it."

No comments: