Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2007

O Lu's Ricky Pemasa being recruited by Fresno State

Orange Lutheran High School (Calif.) running back/linebacker Ricky Pemasa just finished a successful high school career as the Lancers ended up 10-2, losing in the Southern Section Pac-5 semi-finals to Long Beach Poly. Pemasa now will look to his next opportunity on the gridiron, which may be determined next weekend when he visits Fresno State.

"I am taking a visit out there next weekend," Pemasa said. "I am looking forward to going out there and seeing what it is like."

Pemasa also has an offer from Utah and has been getting calls on a daily basis from Arizona State, Oregon, Miami, Washington, Washington State and Oregon State. He says the coaches from Fresno State were in town this week and visited him at his home.

"I saw them two nights ago," Pemasa said. "Coach Skipper came over for an in-home visit. It was good."

Pemasa plays both running back and linebacker at Orange Lutheran and excelled at both. He says that all but one team is recruiting as a running back, and that team is the Bulldogs.

"They want me as an outside linebacker," Pemasa said. "I like going both ways, but if I had to go with one I would say linebacker. Everybody else wants me as a running back."

That would seem to bode well for the Bulldogs, who would like to get Pemasa to commit next weekend on his visit. Could it happen?

"Possibly," Pemasa said. "I feel comfortable with Fresno State. I feel great about them. It feels great to possibly be a Bulldog soon."

Despite what the database says Pemasa has grown since the Nike Camp last summer and now checks in at 6-foot and 210 pounds. He finished with102 tackles, 14 sacks and two interceptions for the Lancers on defense and rushed for 756 yards and 18 touchdowns on the ground.

No comments: