Search This Blog

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Everything's relative for Matthews, Tupou brothers at USC-Oregon game

USC defensive end Clay Matthews' brother Casey is a linebacker for Oregon, while USC nose tackle Christian Tupou could butt heads Saturday with his brother Fenuki, an Oregon offensive tackle.
By Gary Klein and David Wharton, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
October 4, 2008
Ninth-ranked USC's game against No. 23 Oregon today at the Coliseum will be a family affair for Trojans defensive end Clay Matthews and nose tackle Christian Tupou.

Matthews' younger brother, Casey, is a sophomore linebacker for the Ducks.
"I'm looking forward to it," Clay said. "Last year, on one punt return I went out of my way to hit him. I didn't get a good shot but whatever.

"I think during the play he was telling me, 'C'mon, get out of the way!' That was pretty fun."

Tupou, a sophomore making his first start at nose tackle, said there would be about 20 family members at the Coliseum to see him play against older brother Fenuki, an Oregon offensive tackle.

"There's a lot of family pride on the line," Christian said. "I told [defensive end] Kyle Moore, 'When you see that screen pass, you better get it so I can look for my brother and smash him.' "

No comments: