Search This Blog

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Wolverines' Pulatasi signs with Wyoming

As expected, Lawton High School's standout football defensive end Sunny Pulatasi signed his NCAA National Letter of Intent Wednesday morning and now he's doing just what the Wyoming coaches told him to do eat everything he can to gain some weight.

"That's what they told me to do, eat a lot of food and gain some weight," the likeable senior said Thursday after he reenacted his signing before a large group of family members, friends, teammates and Wolverine fans in the LHS cafeteria. "I've already gained about 10 pounds, so that's what they wanted."

In high school he topped the scales about 205 pounds, but to play defensive end at an NCAA Division I school, he's going to have to grow to 230 to 240 pounds, which on his 6-foot-3 frame should be almost ideal.

"They want me to keep lifting and working on my speed," he said. "Right now I've been going to the YMCA to work on my lifting. They want me to be able to get bigger but still be able to use my quickness to be a speed rusher."

While most schools tell recruits they need to work hard because they may have to play as freshmen, because Wyoming has been struggling and trying to build a better program, that may very well be the case with the Wolverine standout.

No comments: