Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Q&A with TE Tony Moeaki

“It happened within seconds. It was lightning quick. I was sitting on my couch, I heard my phone ring and I jumped up and sure enough it was from the Kansas City Chiefs..."

Q: What do you think about being drafted?
TONY MOEAKI: “I am just excited. When the trade appeared on TV, I got a call. I am really excited right now, excited to be a Chief. I am really excited to play for Coach Haley and the whole organization.”
Q: It seemed like this trade went down and everything happened fast. Did it feel that way for you?
MOEAKI: “It happened within seconds. It was lightning quick. I was sitting on my couch, I heard my phone ring and I jumped up and sure enough it was from the Kansas City Chiefs. I am on cloud nine right now, just really excited.”
Q: What were you doing when the call came?
MOEAKI: “Just hanging out with my family.”
Q: Were you guys still watching the draft?
MOEAKI: “We were still watching it.”
Q: How frustrating is it to miss most of the year with an injury?
MOEAKI: “It’s definitely frustrating, but it’s part of the game. That part is behind me and I’m just ready to go.”
Q: Was there a time that you got frustrated and wondered what your future was in football?
MOEAKI: “To be honest I never did. Our coaching staff, Coach (Kirk) Ferentz, Coach (Chris) Doyle, I have a great team, a great family so I never really doubted myself, I never really got down and I think continued with how I came back and played and I just feel great right now.”
Q: What do you know or have heard about (General Manager) Scott Pioli and the Chiefs through Coach Ferentz?
MOEAKI: “{Scott) Pioli was with the Jets and the Patriots and both those teams were winners. That’s the first thing that comes to mind is he builds a team around character and being a team. That goes a long way in sports and he’s just done a great job and I’m excited to be part of the Chiefs organization.”
Q: What’s your preference, to be more of a pass catching tight end or a blocking tight end?
MOEAKI: “My preference is being a complete tight end. I know these days in college football they are spread offenses but at Iowa we ran a pro-style offense like most NFL teams. You have to be a complete tight end to play in the pro-style I feel like. I did my fair share of blocking and I caught my fair share of passes so I like to say I’m a complete tight end.”
Q: You feel pretty confident in your receiving abilities?
MOEAKI: “Absolutely.”

No comments: