Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2006

CC of San Francisco's Alesana Alesana verbals to Kansas State

Alesana Alesana of City College of San Francisco has verballed to Kansas State. Alesana was a first team All Nor Cal selection. Assuming Alesana goes to Kansas State he will be a teammate of current Wildcat Moses Manu.

Alesana makes a decision
Brian Gates
City College of San Francisco offensive lineman Alesana Alesana visited Kansas State during the Thanksgiving weekend. It was his second visit at the time in as many weeks. Now, after thinking about his options, the three-star rated tackle prospect has reached a decision on where he wants to play his college football.
"Not a whole lot has really happened," the 6-foot-6, 318-pound Alesana said with a laugh. "The only thing that has gone on is that I called up the Kansas State coaches today and told them I wanted to be a Wildcat. I talked to both Coach Tim McCarty and Coach Matt Wallerstedt and told them I was committing."

Alesana has not given the word to the other schools that were recruiting him.

"I will call the other schools tonight or tomorrow. I just knew after the visit to Kansas State that it was what I wanted to do. I just didn't want to do it on the visit. I needed to think about it some.

"I felt good about the school and about the team. The players were great to be around and the coaches are outstanding."

Alesana also visited with his parents who are back home in his native Samoa.

"I called my parents and talked with them. They listened to me and then told me they thought I sounded pretty happy with the choice. They told me whatever I wanted to do, they would support my choice."

Alesana will arrive in Manhattan for the spring semester.

"I graduate in December. So, I'll sign with them next week and then enroll and start school in January. I am really excited to be getting there to play with the team and the returning players will make it a very good team."

No comments: