Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2008

Tui Tuiasosopo Verbals to UH

Tui Tuiasosopo, the 1st Team All-State, 6'1.5", 290 lb offensive lineman
from Saint Louis School, is officially announcing his acceptance of a scholarship offer from the University
of Hawaii after his meeting with Coach McMackin.

Tui is the son of Ana Sr. and Lua Tuiasosopo of Ewa Beach. He is the brother of former All-State Offensive
Lineman Ana Jr, now at New Mexico State. Tui also played in the HUB Senior Classic Bowl game in December.
Tui fielded offers and interest from Stanford, Cal, Oregon and NMSU among others.

Tui stated "I felt at home with Coach McMackin, he truly believes in my abilities as a player and even hinted
that he could help me and UH could help me go onto the next level which was the NFL. I know at UH Coach
McMackin, Coach Cal Lee, Coach Lumpkin and the entire UH Coaching Staff will take good care of me.
Coach Cal Lee was the one recruiting me heavily along w/Coach Lumpkin. I was told that I have the highest
GPA amongst all of the UH recruits with a 4.2 GPA. My parents are proud. I had a great time on my recruiting trip."

Parents Lua and Ana Sr. added "Coach Cal Lee and Coach Lumpkin have been in constant contact with us over
the last few months. The icing on the cake for us was a meeting with Coach McMackin. There is a special spirit
about Coach McMackin and we could truly feel the love he has for his players and coaches. His belief in Tui
in contributing right away took our breath away! As parents, you want to make sure that whatever school your
son committs too is the right environment. We know at UH Coach Mac and the entire UH Staff will take care
of Tui. Now, we get to tailgate every game weekend (when we're not watching Ana's games)!"

Ana Sr. is a former University of Hawaii Offensive Lineman.

No comments: