Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

JJ Autele Verbals to San Diego State

JJ Autele, Linebacker and Defensive End from Punahou School has accepted a scholarship
offer to play football for San Diego State University. The 6'1, 230 lb athlete is an academic qualifier. He was
selected 2007 First Team All-State Defensive Tackle in the Honolulu Star Bulletin and Honorable Mention
All-State as a Linebacker in the Honolulu Advertiser.

Asked why he chose SDSU over Hawaii, he stated "as much as I hope Coach McMackin and UH have a great
season, I just felt the need to go away to college. After my official visit to SDSU, I felt it was the right place
for me. The coaches, the school and the area all just felt right."

JJ is the son of Sina and Jerry Holi of Wahipau. JJ played in the HUB Classic Senior Bowl in December.

No comments: