Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Keni Kaufusi signs with Utah

Just a few months ago, playing football for a Division I school was nothing more than a dream for Cottonwood defensive tackle Keni Kaufusi.

But thanks to a lot of extra hard work in the classroom, Kaufusi had several Division I offers to choose from this spring, and this weekend he decided to take his skills to the University of Utah next fall.

The senior was considering Colorado, Oklahoma State and Oregon State but chose Utah because he felt comfortable with the coaching staff and the school's support services.

"It actually feels very overwhelming," said Kaufusi, who earlier this season didn't think he would be academically eligible to play Division I football. "I'm very happy to be graduating and to be going to college. (My family) are all so surprised that I've made it this far. It feels great."

Kaufusi was impressed with the programs he visited but said it really came down to his comfort level with the Utah coaches and the support services as well as having a guaranteed scholarship if he finishes his make-up classes by June.

Continue

No comments: