Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Te'o-Nesheim Loves The Eagles Scheme

Following a bevy of trades, the Eagles tabbed University of Washington defensive end/linebacker Daniel Te'o-Nesheim with the 86th pick overall in the 2010 NFL draft.
"My agent said something about I might go to Philly and that excited me, but I wasn't trying to really read into what other people were saying," Te'o-Nesheim said in a conference call with reporters.
Te'o-Nesheim said he came to the NovaCare Complex about two weeks ago for a visit. He wasn't really paying that much attention to the draft until he got the call from his agent. He also said he is excited to play for the Eagles.
"I love how rabid the fans are and I love watching their defense play," Te'o-Nesheim said. "We watched a lot of their defensive line when I came on my visit and it was just really exciting to see how hard they play. Even when I talked to Washington (defensive coordinator) Coach (Nick) Holt about it, he said that they are a great defense to play for and I would love to go there. That's what I was thinking as soon as I watched that film."
The 6-foot-3, 263-pound Te'o-Nesheim started all four years as a defensive end for the Huskies, recording at least eight sacks in each of his last three college seasons. He is projected as a situational pass rusher and special teams player at the NFL level.
"I'll just be happy to play wherever they want me to," Te'o-Nesheim said.
The Waikoloa, Hawaii native was impressive at the NFL scouting combine, posting a vertical leap of 37 inches, the second-best time of any defensive lineman in the three-cone drill (6.91 seconds) and the third-best time of any defensive lineman in the 20-yard shuttle run (4.18 seconds).
"I think I am tough and definitely durable," Te'o-Nesheim said. "I think of myself as a high-effort guy and I'll do whatever is asked on or off the field."
-- Posted by Steve Lienert, 11:15 p.m., April 23

No comments: